Opening a Substance
- Open the Slate editor, search for Substance and drag the Substance2 node to the view.
Double click the Substance node to activate the properties and under Substance Package Browser, load a Substance.
You can also drag and drop the .sbsar file into the Slate Editor to automatically create the node and import the sbar.
- If a Substance contains multiple graphs, you can choose the graph you want to output as a material in the Selected Graph drop down menu.
With the Substance node selected, go to the Substance menu and choose a supported renderer. The material will be created and ready to be applied to the object. Substance textures are hooked into the rendering material.
Supported Renderers Arnold Vray Corona Octane
- Set the desired resolution for the computed Substance textures in the Substance Output Settings.
- For resolution up to 8K, make sure you are using the GPU engine, which is set in the Substance Settings.
- Double click on the Substance node to load the Substance parameters in the parameter window.
- Change the parameters to update the Substance textures automatically.
Setting Output Preview:
You can set a specific channel for the thumbnail for the Substance node.
- In the Output Preview drop down, choose the channel you want to use for the node thumbnail.
You can use the Coordinates properties to tile Substance textures and set Map Channels.