This functionality allows you to configure the default resources and the list of linked folders using a configuration file.
Supported since Substance Alchemist 2.1 (2020.1)
Configuration file format
The configuration file is a JSON file.
defaultMaterialsPath defines the path of your default Starter Materials
linkedLocalFolders is a list of all your linked local folders. You can define:
- displayName: The Display name of your linked local folder
- path: The path of your linked local folder (mandatory)
- recursive: True/False. It defines if you want to include or exclude sub-folders of your linked local folder
- The path of your default materials folder should contain sub-folders. All materials at the root level of your default materials folder will be ignored.
- \\ are need on your path if you're on Windows.
- If a folder path doesn't exist, Substance Alchemist will create it if it has writing right on the folder location. If it doesn't have writing right, it will return an error in the log file.
Configuration and launch Substance Alchemist
Configuration without launching Substance Alchemist
Export the current Resources configuration in a JSON file
Reset to default state
Use the following configuration in your JSON file.