It is possible to add new shelf presets without opening Substance Painter by editing a configuration file.
The configuration file is named "shelf.ini" and can be located inside the following folder:
- Windows: C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Substance Painter\
- Mac OS: Macintosh > Users > *username* > Documents > Substance Painter
- Linux: /home/*username*/Documents/Substance Painter/
Example of possible content :
The syntax works like this :
- A number to define the current shelf preset : 1/
- The query followed by a variable name: u: for usages, p: for paths, or a string for a search term, separated by spaces and wrapped in quotes.
- The content of the variable: :basematerial, smartmaterial, and so on
The variable "size" is used to determine the number of custom presets that need to be read and loaded by the application.