Some parameters specific to Substance Painter are located at a specific place in order to be reloaded during the next launch of the application.
It can be useful to know where in case you want to add custom shelfs (for studios installations) or removing these preferences to perform a clean installation of the application.
On Windows, those preferences are stored in the Registry.
- Click on Start > Run or press Windows + R.
- Type "regedit" (without the quotes) in the dialog and press OK.
- Navigate to the key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Allegorithmic\
- Remove of edit the key "Substance Painter"
On MacOS the preferences are in the Library and can be removed via a command line :
- Open a Terminal
- Navigate to : /Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.allegorithmic.substance-painter.savedState
- Use the following commands :
defaults delete "com.allegorithmic.Substance Painter"
defaults delete "com.allegorithmic.substance-painter"
defaults delete "com.allegorithmic.substance-painter 2"
defaults delete "com.allegorithmic.Substance Painter 2"
The error message "Domain (com.allegorithmic.substance-painter) not found" may appear, this is because the property file doesn't exist.
On Linux the preferences are located in the user application preference config file, stored in the home directory.
- Navigate to /home/*username*/.config/Allegorithmic (Note that .config is an hidden folder)
- Remove the file "Substance Painter.config"