Exporting the log file from the application
The log file can be directly exported from Substance Painter by going to the Help menu and then going into the section Support and selecting the Export log item.
Retrieving the log file manually on the disk
If you are unable to launch Substance Painter, you can retrieve the log file manually by going into the following folder :
- Windows: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\log.txt
- Mac OS: Macintosh > Users > *username* > > log.txt
- Linux: /home/*username*/.local/share/Allegorithmic/Substance\ Painter/log.txt
On Mac OS "library" is a hidden folder.
On Windows "Appdata" is a hidden folder.
On Linux ".local" is a hidden folder.
Attaching your log file to a forum post
When asking for support on the forum, a log file is required. Here is how to attach a log file to your message:
- Check the "Join a file" setting.
- Click on the "Choose File" button and locate your log file.
- Click on "Post" when your message is ready to post and upload your log file.