A sub-shelf is a new window in Substance Painter dedicated to a specific filter.
There is no sub-shelf window by default, only the main shelf window. You can create sub-shelf window from the main shelf from two locations :
- By right-clicking on a shelf filter and choosing "Create sub-shelf".
- By selecting a filter and then using the dedicated button at the top of the shelf window.
Creating a sub-shelf will automatically create a new window and dock it in the interface.
From there, the sub-shelf window can be docked anywhere else or be kept floating on top of the interface.
- A sub-shelf mostly has the same features as the main shelf window. However the preset list is not available, this means it is not possible to edit/remove/create new search filters from it.
- Closing a sub-shelf window will require to re-create it.
- A sub-shelf window is independent from the preset is has been created from.
- If a shelf preset is removed, the sub-shelf window will continue to exist until closed.