The Substance Source plugin which was included with Substance Painter is now deprecated, for technical and maintenance reasons. This page explains how to remove it and suggests alternative solutions.
- The plugin is not included anymore with Substance Painter since version 2020.1 (6.1.0).
- The plugin remains installed if it was installed with older versions.
- The plugin may cease to work since it is not updated anymore.
- Substance Source, materials can be download from the website: https://www.substance3d.com/download/
- Substance launcher: materials can be send to the application via the dedicated Substance Source tab by using the "Send To" functionality.
We recommend removing the plugin since it is not working anymore:
- Go to your Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/plugin folder.
- Select and delete the folder named substance-source.
- Restart Substance Painter.
Removing the plugin won't affect the content that was already downloaded into the Shelf.