Supported Operating Systems
- For working in comfortable conditions we recommend a monitor with a resolution greater than 1 Mega Pixels and wider than 1280 pixels.
- Exporting at 8K (8192*8192 pixels) requires a GPU with more than 2GB of VRam.
- Only versions 2019.x and above have been notarized in order to run on MacOS 10.15 (Catalina).
Substance Painter use a GPU feature named Sparse Virtual Texture to improve performances. Check the documentation page to see if your hardware is compatible.
- Intel HD 5000 / IRis Pro 6200 and above
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000 and above
- AMD Radeon HD 7000 and above
- AMD Radeon Pro WX-serie / Pro Duo and above
- AMD FirePro W-series / FirePro S-series and above
- Integrated GPUs are not recommended
- Mac: Only official Apple configurations are supported
- Mac: Nvidia Iray renderer requires CUDA drivers to use the GPU
- Mac: eGPUs are not currently officially supported and may have stability issues
- Linux: Mesa drivers on Linux are not supported
- Computation freeze can happen in some cases on AMD VEGA GPUs
Minimum GPU Drivers Versions
Below is a list of the minimum GPU drivers version required for the application to run fine. This list may be subject to changes as new versions release. To download new drivers see : GPU has outdated drivers
|AMD||Windows / Linux|
|Intel||Windows / Linux|
On Mac OS the GPU driver is provided by the operating system itself. Update to the latest version of your OS to access the newest driver.
GPU Raytracing for Baking
To enable GPU Raytracing via Optix or DXR the minimum drivers recommended above must be installed.
DXR requires the following minimum configuration :
- Windows 10 version 1809 (build number 10.0.17763), see this page for more information
- GPU with Pascal architecture (Nvidia GeForce 10XX)
Supported Graphic tablets
Below is a list of compatible Graphic Tablets which have been tested with Substance Painter version 2019.2 :
Intuos Pro MEDIUM Size
Intuos S Size
Huion tablets have various shortcut issues on Windows and are not supported at the moment.